Growing Snowball Y Improved Cauliflower Microgreens
- Presoak: N/A
- Suitable Growth Medium: Soil or Hydroponic
- Germ time: 2-3 Days
- Harvest time: 8-14 Days
- Color: Deep green tops with varigated pink and purple shaded stems
- Flavor: A strong broccoli (brassica) flavor
- Texture: Fresh and crisp and light
- Nutrients: Vitamins C, K, and E, beta-carotenes, and iron
Cauliflower grows very fast and is one of the easiest microgreens to grow. It can be sown a little more thickly that other seeds. Keep in the dark with the black-out dome for 3 days and then flip the lid on day 4 & 5 to put a little stress on the emerging seedlings. This will strengthen the crop. Cauliflower is a nice green crop and is a hardy and substantial microgreen that has a fresh, mild cabbage flavor. It is a little more expensive as a seed.
For further reading on the nutrients and benefits of eating microgreens, check out this study.