Growing Igloo Cauliflower Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Brassica oleracea botrytis 'Igloo'
- Other Names: Igloo Caultiflower
- Days to Maturity: 70 days
- Hardiness Zone: 2-8
- Planting Depth: 2/2”
- Plant Spacing: 24”
- Row Spacing: 3’
- Growth Habit: Clump-forming
- Soil Preference: Moist, well-draining
- Temp Preference: 65℉
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/diseases: Black rot, cabbage caterpillar, aphids
- Color: White
- Flavor: Mild, sweet
Igloo Cauliflower Growth Habits:
Igloo Cauliflower takes about 70 days to grow and harvest. Cauliflower seeds can be planted indoors or outdoors. The plant will produce clumps with dark green leaves. Dark green leaves protect Igloo Cauliflower from colder temperatures. The leaves will stand upright and preserve this variety of cauliflower from frost. Igloo Cauliflowers produce a dense white head that can be harvested either large or small.
Various Uses for Igloo Cauliflower:
Cauliflower is having a moment. It has become a substitute for many foods for people who are trying to eat healthier. Cauliflower rice is a great alternative to rice. Cauliflower can even be turned into low-carb pizza dough. It is delicious roasted with olive oil, salt, and pepper for those that want to keep it simple.
Igloo Cauliflower Benefits:
Cauliflower is an anti-inflammatory food that has many health benefits. Igloo Cauliflower is rich in Vitamin C which is essential for immune function. Cauliflower has been proven to reduce blood vessel damage and is rich in Omega-3 fats which is important for brain development.
Perfect variety for colder gardens that want a smaller space cauliflower.
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 6,800 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 27,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 108,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 544,000 Seeds