Growing Rainbow Blend Carrot Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: daucus carota subsp. Sativus
- Other Names:
- Days to Maturity: 65-75 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3-11
- Planting Depth: ½”
- Plant Spacing: 1-2”
- Row Spacing: 18-24”
- Growth Habit: Upright
- Soil Preference: Sandy soil, temperature 55 to 75 degrees, pH of 6 to 7
- Temp Preference: Warmer
- Light Preference: Full Sun
- Pests/diseases: Susceptible to weevils and carrot rust fly
- Color: Red, purple, white and red
- Flavor: Sweet and tender
This Rainbow blend is simple to grow at home, it only requires a few garden staples to thrive. Be sure to have an area with full sun, moist and sandy soil and lots of water. It is beneficial to remove any rocks and lumps from the soil so that the roots can grow straight before sowing the seeds. Soil with a pH between six and seven works and a temperature of fifty-five to seventy-five degrees works best. In the spring, sow seeds directly outdoors by covering each one in about half an inch of soil. Keep one to two inches between the plants and eighteen to twenty-four inches between rows. After about seventy days, the Rainbow Blend carrots will be ready to be harvested. Pull them out of the ground by their tops and enjoy.
This blend is excellent for gardeners who want a variety of carrot shades without having to sow multiple varieties.
Read this article on the health benefits of Carrots.
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 g Packet - Approximately 600 Seeds
- 1 oz - Approximately 18,000 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 72,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 288,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 1,440,000 Seeds