Growing Non-GMO Danvers 126 Carrot Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Daucus carota var. sativus
- Common Names: Half-Size Carrot
- Carrot Hardiness Zones: 2-11, Annual not intended to overwinter
- Days to Maturity: 73 days
- Seed Planting Depth: ¼”
- Garden Plant Spacing: 1-2"
- Garden Row Spacing: 2-3"
- Carrot Growth Habit: Danvers 126 carrot seeds quickly mature into an upright 4-12" tall garden crop with a 4-12" spread
- Vegetable Garden Soil Preference: Organically rich, deeply tilled, well-drained
- Grow Temp Preference: Day 60-70° F
- Garden Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/Diseases/Troubleshooting: Non-GMO Daucus carota var. sativus has no serious garden insects or pests. Open-pollinated Danvers 126 carrot may sometimes be affected by carrot rust. Regularly watch for common garden pests such as aphids, sugar ants, and leafhoppers which may potentially spread yellow asters, stunting the roots and spoiling the greens.
- Carrot Color: Non-GMO heirloom Danvers 126 boasts a classic bright orange root and leafy greens
- Danvers 126 Flavor: Arguably one of the sweetest and sugariest cultivars, specifically because of its shorter root length
Open-pollinated heirloom Danvers 126 carrot seeds are a cool weather crop best sown directly in the garden in early spring or late fall. Like many root vegetables, non-GMO Danvers 126 carrot does not transplant well and should be directly sown. Plant 2-3 Danvers 126 seeds ¼” deep and 1-2” apart in very loose, well-tilled, and well-drained garden soil in full sun. Open-pollinated carrot seeds germinate in 14-21 days, thinning back to 1 plant every 2” as true leaves establish. Avoid using nitrogen-rich vegetable garden fertilizers which are known to cause carrot growth abnormalities.
Before Dutch influence in the 16th century, the world’s heirloom carrot seed crop was once entirely purple, while orange carrots were the mutant variables Dutch growers sought to isolate and cultivate independently. Since then, orange cultivars have been the commercial standard, with more colorful and exotic heirlooms being resigned to home gardeners, specialty stores, and farmers’ markets.
Wholesale Non-GMO Danvers 126 Carrot Vegetable Garden Seeds Per Package:
- 5 g - Wholesale - Approximately 1,200 Seeds
- 1 oz - Wholesale - Approximately 18,000 Seeds
- 4 oz - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 72,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 288,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 1,440,000 Seeds
Non-GMO Danvers 126 carrot vegetable garden seeds are available for Fast Free Shipping on orders over $45.