Caraway Culinary Herb Planting Seeds
Also known as Meridian Fennel or Persian Cumin, Caraway has many culinary applications for both the seeds and leaves. All parts of the plant are edible. Add leaves to anything that may benefit from extra greens. Some cultures use it to freshen breath, and the oil from Caraway may help to ease gas and improve digestion.
- Height - 2 to 3 feet
- Spacing - 8 to 12 inches
- Planting Depth - 1/4- inch
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 10,000 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 40,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 160,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 800,000 Seeds
Caraway prefers sunny, warm climates, and sandy soils. Sow Caraway in the Spring or Autumn.
Biennial. Ht. 24 in.