Growing Red Ace Hyrbid Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: beta vulgaris
- Other Names:
- Days to Maturity: 50 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Planting Depth: 1/2"
- Plant Spacing: 3"
- Row Spacing: 12-18"
- Growth Habit: Upright
- Soil Preference: Light, moist soil, 6.5 to 7 ph. Can do well in poor soils.
- Temp Preference: Warmer
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/diseases: Susceptible to fungal leaf spots, powdery mildew, aphids and caterpillars.
- Flavor: Mild, sweet flavor
Seeds Per Package:
- 3 g Packet - Approximately 125 Seeds
- 1 oz - Approximately 1,250 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 5,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 20,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 100,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 500,000 Seeds
Red Ace beets do well with a light, moist soil, ideally with a PH level of 6.5 to 7. Sow the seeds half an inch deep, with three inches between plants and twelve to eighteen inches between rows. These seeds will need plenty of moisture while germinating, so keep the soil moist for the first twenty one days. These beets can thrive in conditions with full sun or partial shade. After fifty days, the beets should be ready for harvesting.
Red Ace Hybrid Beets can tolerate more chilly climates and will mature sooner than other types of beets. Beet greens are glossy, bright green with red veins along a deep red stalk. Benefits from full sun exposure. Eat beet tops before any sign of wilting for maximum flavor. Vinegar pairs well with beets. Walnut oil pairs very well with warm beets. To minimize the beet color from excessive bleeding leave the stem plug in place and skin on while cooking. Approx. 1,380 seeds/oz.