Growing Top Notch Golden Wax Bush Bean Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Phaseolus vulgaris
- Other Names: String beans
- Days to Maturity: 50-60 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Planting Depth: 1-2”
- Plant Spacing: 4-6”
- Row Spacing: 18-24"
- Growth Habit: Mound/bush
- Soil Preference: Consistent moisture, 6-6.8 ph level
- Temp Preference: Warmer
- Light Preference: Full sun is required
- Pests/diseases: Aphids
- Color: Golden yellow
- Flavor: Firm, crisp texture
Start by sowing the seeds directly outside, one inch deep in soil when the soil temperature is above sixty degrees and frost has passed. Leave about four to six inches between plants, in rows two to three feet wide. While growing, give these plants one inch of water a week, and water as close to the root as possible; getting the leaves wet can lead to disease which can harm the plant and affect the yield. The beans will be ready to harvest after about fifty to sixty days, when the pods are smooth and firm. It should not be difficult to snap them off of the vine without causing damage to the plant. Harvest the pods individually so that the plant doesn’t lose its productivity.
Perfected over thousands of years, this variety has an excellent pale yellow shade that is unique and stands out in the garden.
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 100 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 400 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 1,600 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 8,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 40,000 Seeds