Growing Provider (Treated) Bush Bean Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Phaseolus vulgaris
- Other Names:
- Days to Maturity: 50 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Planting Depth: 1”
- Plant Spacing: 2”
- Row Spacing: 20"
- Growth Habit: upright
- Soil Preference: Composted, cool soil above ph level 6
- Temp Preference: warmer
- Light Preference: full sun is required
- Pests/diseases: Prone to fungal diseases and Mexican bean beetles. Resistant to bean mosaic virus and powdery mildew
- Color: light green
- Flavor: similar to green bean
Sow seeds in an area with full sun and good air circulation. This will help present the plants from contracting fungal diseases. For the best results, use a compost in the soil when initially planting the seeds. Sow seeds 1” deep in the soil with 2” between plants and 20” between rows. Beware of Mexican bean beetles. The pods are ready for harvest when they are firm and can be snapped off of the plant. The beans inside should not yet be bulging out. Be sure to harvest them before they become over mature, as they will develop strings and become quite tough.
These pods are time sensitive, but also timely for gardeners with a later final frost date. They can be sown earlier than many other bean types, but also must be harvested in a small window.
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 90 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 350 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 1,400 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 7,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 35,000 Seeds