Siam Queen Thai Basil Herb Garden Planting Seeds
- Siam Queen Basil Herb Days to Maturity: 70+(leaves) 90+(seeds)
- Siam Queen Thai Basil Hardiness Zones: 9-11 Perennial, 3-9 Annual
- Siam Queen Thai Basil Seed Planting Depth: 1/4”
- Siam Queen Thai Basil Seed Plant Spacing: 12-16”
- Siam Queen Thai Basil Growth Habit: Upright/compact bush
- Soil Preference: Rich and well-drained
- Temp Preference: Warmer
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/diseases: Japanese beetles, slugs and aphids
- Siam Queen Thai Basil Color: Large-leaf green leaves, purple flowers
- Siam Queen Thai Basil Seed Flavor: Strong licorice spice, rich clove
Siam Queen Thai Basil Growing Habits
Non-GMO Thai Basil (Ocimum basilicum) plants grow 20-24” tall as compact bushes. Tropical heirlooms such as Siam Queen Thai Basil Herbs, produce into late summer with active growth, developing rich-green leaves with purple stems. Your sweet basil crop will reach ideal harvesting as their leaves grow to 4” and give off a strong clove scent, but before they bloom. This large-leaf type of basil with anise flavor will continue to provide spicy licorice flavor until the first frost arrives. By early fall, your fresh Siam Thai Basil will grow purple zesty flowers and begin to seed.
In general, basil is an ultimate hybrid with many different varieties. Basil is also ancient, which makes it a challenge for gardeners to pin down a single origin. This herb can be classified as either sweet or non-sweet. The popular types are considered sweet. For example, a cultivar that isn’t sweet would be clove basil. Although Siam Queen Basil Herbs produce clove flavor, this type of genuine Thai basil is considered sweet.
Non-Culinary Uses for Siam Queen Thai Basil Herb Seed
Siam Queen Basil has a rich licorice aroma, along with clove and spice. As this type of sweet thai basil is often grown for its aromatic properties as an ornamental garden, its strong scent and rich colors provide more than flavor to your herb garden with its active purple foliage. This tropical basil can also be used as a medicinal remedy, such as a way to aid skin wounds or insect bites with the large green leaves of Siam Queen Thai Basil.
Culinary Uses for Siam Queen Thai Basil Herb Seed
This genuine Thai basil that originated from Southeast Asia, is an ideal in spicy cuisine such as, or as an ingredient to add its clove-type zest to fresh salads. This sweet basil type is also cooked for its strong anise flavor and made into .
Benefits of Siam Queen Thai Herb Seed
Siam Queen Basil blooms purple flowers with a zesty aroma, giving off spicy clove scents that help repel insects such as flies and mosquitoes. As this herb grows actively and up to 24” tall, this Thai basil variety is most often grown as decoration or ornamental garden bed. Siam Queen Thai Basil plants also make a great companion to flowering herbs and tomatoes throughout the summer.
Siam Queen Thai Basil Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 22,800 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 91,200 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 364,800 Seeds
- 5 lbs - Approximately 1,824,000 Seeds