- Finest Mix Astilbe matures into feathery and herbaceous 12 – 18” tall perennials known to thrive in cool, wet summers.
2nd Year Maturity. Open Pollinated. Perennial. Astilbe flower seeds grow an ideal and unique substitute to more traditional seasonal blooms. Matures into feathery and herbaceous 12-18" tall perennials known to thrive in cool, wet summers. It provides vast and hardy ground cover, a perfect grow for mass borders, open fields, and commercial and business properties. Astilbe promises to add a touch of elegance to any planter, basket, or living room. Astilbe flower seeds can be sown directly after the frost but, for strongest starts, begin indoors 10-12 weeks prior and then transplant to a cool and shaded place in the garden or home.
Astilbe Seeds - Finest Mix
Astilbe flowers require consistently moist soil and must not be allowed to dry out or blooming will suffer. Plants will show signs of burning if left unshaded during summer heat. Adding an Organic mulch into the soil in mid-summer will help cool the soil. Astilbe flowers have no serious pests or diseases, but powdery mildew may appear since plants thrive in moist conditions. Astilbe arendsii, or more commonly known as Astilbe or False Spirea, is the hybridized product of one man, 19th century German botanist George Arends. Arends crossed and bred Astilbe flowers so much that 95% of all Astilbe sold today is derived from one of his 74 cultivars. The plant's specific name of arendsii pays homage to Arends contributions to the field.
- Seed Type: Astilbe - Astilbe arendsii
- Days to Maturity: 80-90 Days to Full Maturity: 2 Years -- Annual -- USDA Hardiness Zone: Annual Crop Not Intended To Overwinter
- Seed Uses: Ornamental Seeds for Patio Gardening, Containers, and Flower Beds
- Seed Quality: Premium Quality - Non-GMO - Open Pollinated - High Germination Rate
Mountain Valley Seed Company Brand - Independently Family Owned & Operated Small Seed Company