Growing Aster Aster Powder Puff Flower Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Callistephus chinensis
- Other Names:
- Sow Indoors or Outdoors: Both
- Days to Maturity: 127 – 158 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3 – 8
- Planting Depth: 1/4"
- Plant Spacing: 6-12"
- Row Spacing: 6-12"
- Growth Habit: Mound/upright
- Soil Preference: Well-drained, pH 6.0-7.8, rich.
- Temp Preference: Warmer, 68 °F
- Light Preference: Full sun/light shade
- Diseases/pests/problems: Aphids.
- Color: White, pink, rose, crimson red, sky blue.
If beginning outdoors, sow the flower seeds in rich, well-drained soil after all danger of frost has passed. If beginning indoors, start flower seeds 6-8 weeks before last frost. Plant in a sunny location ¼” deep into the soil. Keep the soil moist, these flowers do not tolerate drought. Deadheading will keep the blooms coming.