Growing Asparagus Fern Plumosa Nanus Flower Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Asparagus setaceus ‘Nanus’, A. setaceus var. nana
- Other Names:
- Sow Indoors or Outdoors: Both
- Days to Maturity: 21 – 36 days
- Hardiness Zone: 9 – 11
- Planting Depth: 1/4"
- Plant Spacing: 18 – 24"
- Row Spacing: 18"
- Growth Habit: Upright/mound
- Soil Preference: Organically rich, well-drained, slightly acidic.
- Temp Preference: Warmer
- Light Preference: Sun/Part shade. The plant can grow in full shade, but the plant will be a lighter shade of green.
- Diseases/pests/possible problems:
- Color:Green with tiny white flowers and small red berries, but do not eat them.
It is a good idea to sow the Asparagus Fern flower seeds indoors in the spring and after the frost has passed, plant outdoors. Make sure you have rich soil that is well-drained. Do not cover the seeds with dirt. A liquid all purpose fertilizer will help the growth period every three to four weeks and after it has grown, monthly should be fine. These plants can be in part shade. Make sure to water this plant thoroughly allowing the soil to dry out a little between watering, do not allow the soil to dry out completely. If you choose to keep the plant indoors, because these plants quickly outgrow their containers they may need constant repotting. Deadhead when needed.