Slow Bolt Arugula - Vegetable Garden Seeds
Arugula Slow Bolt seeds (Eruca sativa). Non-GMO, Annual, Heirloom. Commonly known as rocket salad. It is an edible annual plant that is commonly used for a greens mix in salads. The Arugula leaf can be identified by its narrow elongated appearance. With its deep indentations along its length, it looks similar to the dandelion leaf. Arugula has a strong flavor with a distinct peppery quality, which comes from the fact that it is part of the mustard family. Arugula's flavor is best when consumed within 3-6 days of the time of harvest.
Slow Bolt Arugula can be grown in all zones, zones 8+ that are in warmer regions should plant in the fall rather than in the spring. You can start your Arugula in your garden about 1-2 weeks before your last frost date. If you sow a row or section every 2-3 weeks you can get a continuous crop. These seeds can be dispersed evenly to create a bed of tender leaves. Arugula is a cut and come again plant so you can harvest as leaves mature.
- Days to Maturity: Annual, 43
- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Planting Depth: 1/4"
- Plant Spacing: 6-12"
- Growth Habit: Upright
- Soil Preference: Rich, moist soil
- Temp Preference: Cool
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Color: Green
- Flavor: Strong green yet spicy flavor. Peppery and buttery
- 3 g - Approximately 1,500 Seeds
- 1 oz - Approximately 14,200 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 56,800 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 227,200 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 1,136,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 5,680,000 Seeds