Non-GMO Slow Bolt Arugula Vegetable Herb Garden Seeds
- Slow Bolt Arugula Latin Name: Eruca vesicaria sativa
- Days to Maturity: 40-45
- Arugula Seeding Depth: 1/4"
- Plant Spacing: 6-12"
- Growth Habit: Weedy and quickly spreading mound similar to dandelion or mustard
- Soil Preference: Organic, fertilized, consistently moist, well-drained
- Temperature Preference: Cooler, 45-65°F
- Sun Exposure: Full sun in cooler climates, partial shade in warm summers
- Slow Bolt Color: Classic leafy salad greens
- Arugula Flavor: Bright and peppery similar to mustard to radish "baby greens". Smaller 2-3" leaves will be sweeter and more tender that larger, more coarse greens.
About Non-GMO Slow Bolt Arugula Garden Seeds
Slow Bolt arugula seeds (Eruca vesicaria sativa). Heirloom. Open-pollinated. Vegetable. Slow Bolt arugula seeds are ideal for gardens prone to overly warm summers, yet would still like to try their hand and arugula gardening. Known throughout the world by any number of names including “rocket” and “roquette”, garden arugula seeds quickly mature into a tender annual most commonly found in mixed greens and Mesclun mixes featuring mizuna, baby spinach radicchio, and dandelion. Growing Slow Bolt arugula seeds helps to maintain the best possible flavor while in the garden, keeping the plant from bolting to seed which immediately spoils flavor, color, and tenderness.
Closely related to the weedy and tenacious dandelion green, arugula boasts the same weed-like vigor in the garden. Arugula greens are best when harvested at about 2-3” long, often grown as “baby arugula” able to be kept as a “cut and come again” crop, but naturally will want to branch out and bolt to seed as if it were an invasive crop. Whether sowing Slow Bolt arugula seeds or a wild arugula variety, they are popularly sown about every 2 weeks in the summer for a successive and season-long arugula crop. Although a slow bolting seed, arugula will still require some partial shade in the summer heat to be able to produce up until the frost. Slow Bolt arugula seeds are a choice microgreens crop, able to be sown and harvested indoors year-round, a clever and delicious way to use those extra arugula seeds in the middle of winter.
Slow Bolt Arugula Benefits
Just like many greens and vegetables to come out of the garden, non-GMO Slow Bolt arugula boasts all the same nutritional benefits that inspire home gardens the world over. Culinary arugula is very similar to leaf lettuce, rich in essential nutrients such calcium, potassium, phosphorus, and magnesium, while comprised of more than 90% water with a mere 25 calories per 100g serving. While arugula is a healthy and low-calorie option for many diets, it has a limited history of being used for anything else other than culinary purposes. Unlike some herbaceous perennial herbs that have a long and extensive history of medicinal and cultural significance, arugula has earned its stripes throughout the millennia as being a reliably fast leafy vegetable harvest.
Wholesale Non-GMO Slow Bolt Arugula Herb Seeds Per Package:
- 3 g - Packet - Approximately 1,500 Seeds
- 1 oz - Wholesale - Approximately 14,200 Seeds
- 4 oz - Wholesale - Approximately 56,800 Seeds
- 1 lb - Wholesale - Approximately 227,200 Seeds
- 5 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 1,136,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 5,680,000 Seeds
Non-GMO Slow Bolt arugula vegetable herb seeds are available for Fast Free Shipping on orders over $45.