Growing Imperial Star Artichoke Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Cynara Scolymus
- Other Names:
- Seed Qualities: Non-GMO
- Days to Maturity: 80-120
- Planting Depth: ¼- ½"
- Plant Spacing: 4'
- Row Spacing: 6'
- Growth Habit: open and upright
- Soil Preference: rich, well drained, warm soil with a PH between 6.5-7.5
- Temp Preference: warm
- Light Preference: full sun
- Pests/diseases: disease resistant
- Color: bright green
- Flavor: mild and sweet
Seeds can be either directly sown, or sown indoors depending on the final frost date of the desired environment. Direct sow around the final frost date. If the final frost date in your environment is later in the year, sow indoors. To do so, transplant seedlings outside after 4-6 weeks. Plants thrive in full sun when watered often. Fertilizer will also help with growth by providing nitrogen to the soil. Harvest buds in the summer by clipping them off individually when they reach their full size. For best results, harvest buds when they are 4-5” in diameter.
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 g - Approximately 7 Seeds
- 1 oz - Approximately 200 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 800 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 3,200 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 16,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 80,000 Seeds
Imperial Star Hybrid Artichoke Garden Seeds.