Growing Snow Cap Arabis Flower Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Arabis caucasica
- Other Names: Rockcress, Mountain Rock, Wallcress.
- Sow Indoors or Outdoors: Both
- Days to Maturity: 20-30 days
- Hardiness Zone: 4 – 8
- Planting Depth: 1/4"
- Plant Spacing: 12 – 15"
- Row Spacing: 6 – 8"
- Growth Habit: Mound
- Soil Preference: Well-drained, pH 6.5-7.2.
- Temp Preference: Warmer
- Light Preference: Full sunny location.
- Diseases/pests/possible problems: Aphids
If choosing to begin sowing inside, start 4-6 weeks before the last expected frost and make sure to scatter the seeds thinly across the soil and do not cover. The soil temp needs to be about 70-75 degrees and grow for about 20 days. If beginning outside, scatter the seeds on the soil, and do not cover. Keep in full sunlight and to continue the flowers to bloom, trim the flowers back to maintain attractiveness. These are drought tolerant but do not grow very well on extremely hot days. These flowers do not like standing water, so low watering is needed. These are perennial flowers; however, they might need to be replaced every 3-4 years but if taken well care of can grow for up to 8 years.