Growing Organic Red Garnet Amaranth Microgreens
- Seed Presoak: No
- Suitable Growth Medium: Soil or Hydroponic
- Germ time: 2-3 Days
- Microgreens Harvest Time: 8-12 Days
- Color:The most vibrant red and pink of any microgreen!
- Flavor: A mild, sweet flavor
- Texture: Crisp and fresh
- Nutrients: Vitamins K, E, and C, calcium, iron, and beta-carotenes
Non-GMO Amaranth is a very small, delicate microgreen that prefers warmer growing conditions, so find a nice warm spot for germination and growing. It can also be sensitive to too much direct light. Red Garnet does not grow tall, so expect very small greens that will need to be harvested close to the root line and rinsed well. These microgreens seeds can be grown hydroponically or in soil. Red Amaranth can sometimes be a little more challenging to grow well, and soil is a little easier.
The thin micros contain a robust flavor, similar to mustard but much less spicy. It can add depth to any dish that requires fresh greens--or in this case, reds! Red Garnet Amaranth Microgreens striking colors make at a great garnish or an addition to any micro greens salad. Organic microgreens seeds.
Read more about Amaranth: