Growing Wonderland Series Alyssum Garden Seeds
- Taxonomy: Lobularia maritima
- Other Names: Sweet Alyssum, Sweet Alison
- Seed Type: Annual, multi-seed pelleted
- Sow Seeds Indoors or Outdoors: Wonderland Series Alyssum flower seeds are known for their ability to thrive where other flowers would struggle. Seeds are most commonly broadcasted directly after the frost. For earliest blooms, begin seeds 6 – 8 weeks indoors prior to the frost. Alyssum will take 7 – 21 days to germinate in full lighting. Plants are just as popularly grown indoors as they are outdoors and may reseed in optimal climates.
- Days to Flower Maturity: 63 – 77 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3 – 9
- Seed Planting Depth: Lightly press 2 – 3 seeds without covering or broadcast directly
- Plant Spacing: 6”
- Growth Habit: dwarfed 6 – 9” tall trailing mound with a 10 – 12” spread of tiny 4-petaled blooms
- Soil Preference: Average, medium moisture, well-drained
- Light Preference: Full sun – Partial shade
- Diseases/Pests/Troubleshooting: Blooming may decline in consistently hot summers, but continue strong in the cooling fall. Alyssum has no serious susceptibility to any pests or diseases.
- Flower Colors: Signature selection of Blue, Citron, Deep Purple, Deep Rose, Lavender, Pink, White, Mix, and Mulberry Mix
Lobularia maritima, or more commonly known as Alyssum or Sweet Alyssum, is a low-growing species native to the Mediterranean and Canary Islands. Sweet Alyssum is one the most fragrant blooms available and one of the most award-winning. The genus names Lobularia is derived from the Latin word lobules which means "small pod." The specific name maritima meaning "coastal." Alyssum flower seeds - Wonderland.