Growing Snow Crystals Alyssum Flower Garden Seeds
- Taxonomy: Lobularia maritima
- Other Names: Sweet Alyssum, Sweet Alison
- Seed Type: Annual, Multi-seed pelleted
- Sow Indoors or Outdoors: Snow Crystals Alyssum seeds are quite hardy and are most commonly broadcasted directly after the frost. For earliest blooms, begin seeds 6 – 8 weeks indoors prior to the frost. Alyssum seeds will take 7 – 21 days to germinate in full lighting. Plants are just as popularly grown indoors as they are outdoors and may reseed in optimal climates.
- Days to Flower Maturity: 63 – 77 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3 – 9
- Seed Planting Depth: Lightly press 2 – 3 seeds without covering or broadcast directly
- Plant Spacing: 6”
- Growth Habit: dwarfed 6 – 9” tall trailing mound with a 10 – 12” spread of tiny 4-petaled blooms
- Soil Preference: Average, medium moisture, well-drained
- Light Preference: Full sun – Partial shade
- Diseases/Pests/Troubleshooting: Snow Crystals Alyssum have a wildflower-like hardiness and are considered some of the easiest plants to grow from seeds. Blooming may decline in consistently hot summers, but continue strong in the cooling fall. Alyssum has no serious susceptibility to any pests or diseases.
- Flower Color: Arctic white
Lobularia maritima, or more commonly known as Alyssum or Sweet Alyssum, is a low-growing flower species native to the Mediterranean and Canary Islands. Sweet Alyssum is one the most fragrant flowers available and one of the most award-winning. The genus names Lobularia is derived from the Latin word lobules which means "small pod." The specific name maritima meaning "coastal." Annual, multi-seed pelleted. Alyssum flower seeds - Snow Crystals.