Growing Royal Carpet Alyssum Flower Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Lobularia Maritima
- Other Names:
- Sow Indoors or Outdoors: Indoors: begin 6-8 weeks before the last frost date. Outdoors: begin in spring after the soil warms.
- Days to Maturity: 58 days.
- Hardiness Zone: 1 - 12
- Planting Depth: 1/4"
- Plant Spacing: 6"
- Row Spacing: 12"
- Growth Habit: Mound
- Soil Preference: Tolerant to most soil types but needs to be well drained and adding compost to the soil can help with that. 55-60°F.
- Temp Preference: Warmer
- Light Preference: Full and/or partial.
- Diseases/pests/possible problems: If it is too hot the flowers will not bloom.
- Color: Violet/purple, white
Begin sowing your seeds indoors 6-8 weeks before the last frost of spring or outside when all frost is gone. Make sure the seeds are 6 inches apart and do not put soil over them, just press into the soil. The soil needs to be able to drain well. In about six weeks after sowing, blooms will appear. Water until moist but no drenched. To encourage rebloom, cut the plant back by 1/3.