Growing Carpet of Snow Alyssum Flower Garden Seeds
- Taxonomy: Lobularia maritima
- Other Names: Sweet Alyssum, Sweet Alison
- Seed Type: Annual
- Sow Indoors or Outdoors: Carpet of Snow Alyssum flowers have a wildflower-like hardiness and are most commonly broadcasted directly after the frost. For earliest blooms, begin seeds 4 – 6 weeks indoors prior to the frost. Alyssum will take 7 – 21 days to germinate in full lighting. Plants are just as popularly grown indoors as they are outdoors and may reseed in optimal climates.
- Days to Maturity: 56 – 63 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3 – 9
- Seed Planting Depth: Lightly press 2 – 3 seeds without covering or broadcast directly
- Plant Spacing: 6”
- Growth Habit: dwarfed 4 – 6” tall trailing mound with a 9 – 12” spread of tiny blooms
- Soil Preference: Average, medium moisture, well-drained
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Diseases/Pests/Troubleshooting: Carpet of Snow Alyssum Flowers are a very easy plant to grow directly from seed. Alyssum Flowers have no serious susceptibility to any pests or diseases.
- Flower Color: Alpine white blooms
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 g - Approximately 2,000 Seeds
- 1/4 oz - Approximately 17,000 Seeds
- 1 oz - Approximately 70,000 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 280,000 Seeds
- 1 1b - Approximately 1,120,000 Seeds
Lobularia maritima, or more commonly known as Alyssum or Sweet Alyssum, is a low-growing species native to the Mediterranean and Canary Islands. Sweet Alyssum is one the most fragrant blooms available and one of the most award-winning. The genus names Lobularia is derived from the Latin word lobules which means "small pod." The specific name maritima meaning "coastal." Carpet of snow Alyssum flower seeds.