If you are new to cooking Asian dishes Chow Mein is a great basic to start with. Pair this with any entree or dress it up as the main dish. Feel free to tweak this recipe according to whatever veggies you might have in your garden, fridge, or pantry.
Chow Mein Ingredients
- 1 (8-oz) package long, uncooked chow mein noodles
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil, divided
- 1 cup snow peas
- ½ yellow or green onion, finely sliced
- 4 ribs celery, finely sliced
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce, to taste
- Cook chow mein noodles according to package instructions; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil over high heat. Add snow peas, celery, onion, cabbage, and carrot and stir fry until soft and edges of cabbage start to brown.
- Add rice vinegar and stir for a few seconds.
- Add chow mein noodles to the pan and toss with 1 tablespoon sesame oil and soy sauce, to taste.
- Stir until everything is warm and serve.