Minestrone soup is the perfect way to use fresh vegetables from your home garden. Here we have suggested our recipe, but feel free to make it your own by adding your own combinations of home-grown vegetables.
Minestrone Soup Ingredients:
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 medium zucchini sliced and quartered
- 2 Tbsp butter or olive oil
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups (or 1 20-oz can) chopped stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups (or 1 10-oz can) soaked and cooked pinto beans
- 3/4 cup noodles (tri-colored spirals, bowtie, or penne)
- 2 cups (or 1 15-oz can) soaked and cooked garbanzo beans
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp beef bouillon
- Saute onions in butter or olive oil.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, beans, pepper, salt, and beef bouillon in a big pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add pasta and zucchini and cook for 20 more minutes or until tender.
- Soup is thicker the next day.