Baked Sushi is a Western take on a classic Asian sushi recipe. With only a handful of ingredients, you can have delicious hot sushi ready in less than an hour. Is seaweed not really your thing? Don’t worry, the seaweed is optional in this sushi recipe! Customize your flavors by trying out various combinations of your favorite Asian microgreens. Want more of a kick? Use mustards like Tsa Tsai Round or Small Gai Choi. Want something milder? We recommend trying the Big Stem Broccoli. Whatever your favorites are, get growing so you can try this delicious baked sushi recipe!
- 1.5 Cups Sushi Rice Grains
- 2 Cups Water
- Sushi Rice Mix Seasoning Powder
- 10 Pieces Imitation Crab Meat, Defrosted
- Siracha Mayo to taste
- Sweet Soy Glaze Sauce (Kikkoman) to taste
- Seaweed or Nori Sheets (optional)
- Black Sesame Seeds for topping
- Microgreens for topping
1. Prepare your sushi rice by thoroughly rinsing 1.5 cups of rice in a fine-mesh strainer until the cold water runs clear. Cook in a rice cooker with 2 cups of water (Use a ratio of 3:4 rice to water for larger batches). Allow it to rest for 10 minutes when done cooking for the rice to absorb the moisture in the rice cooker. Transfer rice to a large mixing bowl. Gently fluff with a fork or rice paddle.
2. Add the sushi rice mix seasoning powder (refer to packet label for directions). Mix seasoning with the rice until it has been absorbed and the rice is sticky. Cover with a damp towel and set aside while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
3. Remove the wrappers from the imitation crab meat and shred into a mixing bowl. Add siracha mayo as desired and mix until well combined.
4. Preheat oven to 425 Fahrenheit. Lightly grease an 8x8 or 9x9 casserole dish with a small amount of toasted sesame oil to prevent the rice from sticking and add a touch of extra flavor.
5. Transfer the seasoned rice into the casserole dish and distribute evenly over the bottom of the oiled pan. Gently flatten so the rice is level. Sprinkle some black sesame seeds over the rice.
6. Add the prepared crab mix on top of the rice. Disperse evenly. Gently flatten the crab mix, so it sticks together. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
7. Once the sushi bake is out of the oven, top it with additional sriracha mayo (if desired), along with sweet soy glaze sauce, black sesame seeds, and Asian microgreens (use mustard greens for an extra tasty kick!) Cut into pieces and serve on seaweed or Nori sheets for wrapping (1 piece per ¼ seaweed or Nori sheet). Enjoy!
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Add boiled noodles…
Sunflower Microgreen Mighty Munchies
Ingredients Black Oil Sunflower Microgreens Olive Oil Salt Instructions Add your sunflower microgreens to a bowl. Toss with a light drizzle of olive oil. Grind some sea salt according to your personal preference and enjoy!
Ashleigh Smith2024-01-221 min read0
Celebration Rolls - Mung Bean and Wasabi Spring Roll
Ingredients 1 Packet Rice Paper Rolls 1 Carrot, shredded/grated 1 Medium Cucumber, shredded/grated Firm Tofu, cut into strips Small Jicama, shredded/cut into strips Small slightly unripe Mango, peeled and cut into strips 2 Cups Mung Bean Sprouts 2-3 Tb...
Juliet Webb2024-01-222 min read0
The Good Morning Smoothie
Ingredients 1 handful Spinach Small clump microgreens (superfood mix, broccoli, kale, cabbage, or alfalfa) Heaping 1/2 cup frozen mix of bananas and strawberries Spoonful peanut butter 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar 1 teaspoon Flaxseed Meal Milk (to ...
Ashleigh Smith2024-01-161 min read1
Spicy Cabbage Salad
Base Greens 60% Green Cabbage, shredded 10% Red Cabbage, shredded 30% Green Lettuce, shredded Additional Add-Ins Broccoli, thinly sliced Carrots, shredded Rambo Radish Microgreens Mustard Microgreens Croutons Green Goddess or Ranch Dressing Instruction...
Ashleigh Smith2024-01-161 min read2