Radish - Daikon (Organic) - Microgreens Seeds
- Latin Name: Raphanus sativus var. Longipinnatus
- Presoak: 4-6 hours in cold water
Preferred Growing Medium: Soil or Hydroponic
- Seeding Rate (weight per 10"x 20" tray): 1-1.5 oz.
Blackout Time: 2 days
Germination Time: 1-2 days
- Estimated time to Harvest: 6-12 days
- Microgreen Color: creamy white stem with a vibrant green top
- Microgreen Flavor: fresh and spicy
- Microgreen Texture: crunchy, succulent
- Nutrients: Vitamins A, B, C, E, & K, folic acid, niacin, potassium, iron, phosphorus, pantothenic acid, calcium, magnesium, zinc, carotenes
Radish microgreens are fast and easy to grow and are substantial and very crunchy. Due to its fast growth, it can be harvested as early as 5 days, assuming you have exposed them to light on day 3. These radish microgreens are at their peak of crunchiness at about day 5 or 6. Once they grow larger they get more leafy and lose their crunch. You can flip the lid a day before exposing to light to strengthen the crop.
Daikon Radish is a green crop with an intense radish flavor great in any microgreen salad or full sized salad. Daikon is one of the most popular radishes to sprout as well. Use instead of sliced radish anywhere you would normally use radish. Radish greens have a pleasant peppery bite, whether raw or cooked. A hearty salad made with these greens offers enough nourishment to reduce the need for snacking. This obviously cuts your caloric intake, which stabilizes your daily regimen.
Seeds per Package:
- 4 oz - Approximately 14,000 seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 56,000 seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 280,000 seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 1,400,000 seeds