Growing Non-GMO Dun Pea Sprouting Seeds
- Difficulty: Difficult
- Recommended Seeding: 1/4 cup per quart jar, sprouting tray, terra cotta sprouter, or sprout bag
- Initial Soak Time: 4-6 hours
- Rinse Frequency: 2-3 times per day
- Days to Harvest: 2-4 days
- Flavor: Sweet, bright, and crunchy
- Nutrients: Protein, Calcium, Fiber, Iron, Phosphorus, Vitamins A, C
- Calories: About 40 calories per 1 cup serving
About Non-GMO Dun Pea Sprout Seeds
Using either a seed sprouting jar, sprouting tray, or hemp sprout bag, add about 1/4 cup Dun pea sprout seeds to your container and allow seeds an initial soaking for 4-6 hours. After initial soak, continue to rinse Dundale pea sprouting seeds 2-3x per day and immediately drain, not allowing water to sit and soak. Rinse seeds 2-3x per day for 4-6 days, keeping pea tendril sprouts fresh, crunchy, and hydrated without waterlogging. Non-GMO Dun pea sprouts are quick to harvest in just 2-4 days, ready for fresh use with a sweet, bright, and crunchy and only about 40 calories per cup. Pairing wonderfully with adzuki, garbanzo, and mung bean, non-GMO Dun pea is a great source of raw, organic protein as well as Calcium, Fiber, Iron, Phosphorus, Vitamins A, C.
More Than A Sprouting Seed
Non-GMO Pisum sativum subsp. arvense, or Dun pea (Dundale), is a European heirloom native to Western Austria, where it is still popularly cultivated, and the most hearty and sustaining among open-pollinated pea plants. Dundale is a trailing annual garden vegetable and cool-season cover crop known to have a stronger ability to provide weed control in the pea plant family. In North America, the Dun pea is widely cultivated in the cool, temperate Pacific Northwest. Differentiated by its seed pod, color, and size, Dun pea garden seeds wear a greenish brown with yellow cotyledons and are popularly dimpled.
For more on sprouting, check out our Seed Sprouting FAQ, from customers just like you!
Wholesale Non-GMO Dun Pea Sprouting Seeds Per Package:
- 18 g - Wholesale - Approximately 80 Seeds
- 1 lb - Wholesale - Approximately 2,000 Seeds
- 2.5 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 5,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 10,000 Seeds
- 35 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 70,000 Seeds
Non-GMO Dun pea sprouting seeds are available for Fast Free Shipping on orders over $45.