Growing Bee Mix Wildflowers from Seeds
- Wildflower Seed Type: Mix of 19 varieties of perennials, biennials, and annuals
- Sow Seeds Outdoors: Wildflower mixes are easy to grow from seed and are recommended for direct outdoor sowing after the frost. Bee Mix can be mixed with sand before planting so it is more visible. Broadcast the seed/sand mix over a weeded area and evenly rake and lightly tamp wildflower seeds into the soil. Germination for the 19 different varieties occurs between 10 – 28 days. Seeds sown in the fall will be dormant until spring. ~2oz. of seed per 10 square feet.
- Days to Maturity: Varies
- Hardiness Zone: 2 – 10
- Seed Planting Depth: Broadcast Bee Mix seeds over 10-square foot area and tamp
- Wildflower Growth Habit: Varies
- Soil Preference: Average, evenly moist, well-drained
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Diseases/Pests/Troubleshooting: Wildflowers are one of the easiest, hardiest, and fastest growing flowers available to gardeners. Do not use pesticides because they hurt bees.
- Color: A mix of summertime color of 19 different varieties
Bee Mix wildflower seeds contain a mix of 19 different varieties of wildflowers known to be especially desired by bees. Growing bee-friendly flowers is the single most important way you can help bolster your local honey bee population. Bee Mix wildflower seeds provide a small habitat or garden inviting for local bees to thrive. Try to eliminate using pesticides in the garden. They're bad for humans, but even worse for bees. Buy Bee Friendly Wildflower mix online.