Growing Amaranth Microgreens
- Presoak: No.
- Suitable Growth Medium: Soil or Hydroponic
- Seed Germ time: 2-3 Days
- Harvest time: 8-12 Days
- Color: A lovely translucent green shade
- Flavor: A mild, sweet flavor
- Texture: Soft and fresh
- Nutrients: Vitamins K, E, and C, calcium, iron, and beta-carotenes
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 lb - Approximately 600,000 Seeds
- 2.5 lb - Approximately 1,500,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 3,750,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 18,750,000 Seeds
- 35 lb - Approximately 21,000,000 Seeds
Amaranth is a very small, delicate microgreen that prefers warmer growing conditions, so find a nice warm spot for germination and growing. It can also be sensitive to too much direct light. It does not grow tall, so expect very small greens that will need to be harvested close to the root line and rinsed well. It does equally well grown hydroponically or in soil. It can sometimes be a little more challenging to grow well.
It's striking colors make at a great garnish or an addition to any micro greens salad. Organic Amaranth microgreens seeds. Non-GMO.
Read more about Amaranth: