Instructions - Oat Rolling Kit
Having the ability to make your own rolled oats for oatmeal might seem like a strange idea, but consider these benefits
Organic & Unprocessed – Until you have tasted freshly rolled organic oatmeal, you won’t realize how mushy, listless and bland oatmeal made from store bought rolled oats really is. Oatmeal made from freshly rolled oats is hearty with a phenomenal texture somewhere between crunchy and chewy. Can eating oatmeal truly be fun? Rest easy knowing you are giving your family an organic whole food breakfast powerhouse.
Food Storage – If you keep hulled oats in your food storage, you will have an easy way to convert all that into delicious, easily prepared and wholesome breakfast. No family food storage should be without a supply of hulled oats and a hand crank oat roller.
Your oatmeal rolling kit includes:
- Clamp your grain mill to a table or countertop
- Set the knob to setting 3 for rolling oats
- Place the catch basin in the receptacle below the grinder.
- Place the desired amount of oat groats into the hopper and crank the handle until all the oats have been rolled.
- Oats approximately double in volume when rolled. 1 cup of whole oat groats will yield almost 2 cups of rolled oats.
- Use immediately or store in a cool, dry container.
Use in place of any recipe that calls for rolled oats, including casserole garnish, granola, and oatmeal.
- 3-1/2 cups of water
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1 tsp of olive oil or butter (optional)
Bring water to boil in a saucepan. Stir in rolled oats and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for about 5 minutes until most of the water is absorbed. Stir occasionally.
Oatmeal Serving Ideas
Serve with milk, rice milk
or soy milk
. Add brown sugar, honey or agave nectar to taste. You can also experiment with adding cinnamon, nutmeg, ground clove or other spices to suit.
We also recommend experimenting with adding sliced almonds, sunflower seeds, raisins, dried cranberries, dried dates, dried cherries, crushed walnuts or pecans, banana slices, fresh strawberries or anything else you can think of.