Growing Trieste White Zucchini Squash Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Cucurbita pepo
- Other Names: Bianco di Trieste, White Zucchini, Half Long White, Triest White
- Days to Maturity: 45 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Planting Depth: 1”
- Plant Spacing: 24-36”
- Row Spacing: 5-6’
- Growth Habit: Vine
- Soil Preference: Moist, well-draining
- Temp Preference: 65℉
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/diseases: Cucumber beetle, squash vine borer
- Color: White, some green
- Flavor: Sweet, creamy
Trieste White Zucchini Squash Growth Habits:
For best flavor harvest while the zucchinis are still fairly small. Half Long White Zucchini is not resistant to frost, so plant in late spring long after the frost threat is past, or start seeds indoors and transplant well after the last frost. Direct sow with a planting depth of about 1". Space plants several feet apart as the vines run.
Various Uses for Trieste White Zucchini Squash:
Non- GMO Trieste White Zucchini is great for cooking. Its creamy white texture is perfect in a stir fry. Throw this zucchini variety on the grill. Zucchini’s delicate flavor is enhanced by grill flavor. Zucchini can also be grated and used in baking as well. Trieste White Zucchini is not too big and a great portion for cooking for individual portions.
Trieste White Zucchini Squash Benefits:
Trieste White Zucchini is an excellent addition to a healthy diet. Rich in vitamin A, zucchini can help with eyesight and immunity. Important for preventing diseases, the antioxidants in zucchini are essential to health. Zucchini’s water and fiber aid digestion.
Triest White Zucchini is a courgette variety from Italy.
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 6,800 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 27,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 108,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 544,000 Seeds