Swiss Chard - Rainbow Mixture - Microgreens Seeds
- Latin Name: Beta vulgaris
- Presoak: 4-10 hours in cold water
Preferred Growing Medium: Soil only
- Seeding Rate (weight per 10"x 20" tray): 2 oz.
Blackout Time: 4-7 days
Germination Time: 2-5 days
- Estimated time to Harvest: 8-12 days
- Microgreen Color: vibrant and variegated yellow, purple, red and green
- Microgreen Flavor: sweet, earthy
- Microgreen Texture: soft
- Nutrients: Vitamins A, B, C, E, and K, calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc, and protein
Grow only in soil. Cut close to the soil to feature the colorful stem, and rinse well. Beets seeds are abnormally shaped seed, which contributes to why its preferred medium is soil. Their root systems require a bit more room to explore and grab hold.
Prepare your soil in your tray by tamping it and making sure it is moist. after presoak, sow your seeds and then cover with a thin layer of soil. This provides the ideal conditions for the seeds to germinate. After a while, the beets will start to poke through the the top layer—which also serves to de-shell the seed. Keep covered with the blackout dome for up to 5-7 days. After that, place under a growlight (or natural light) until mature! Cut close to the soil line to feature the red stem.
Swiss chard is well known for its remarkable nutritional qualities. All of the health benefits of full grown swiss chard are found in microgreen form! A few of these qualities and benefits include:
- High levels of antioxidants, which can lower the risk of chronic diseases, including cancer
- Helps prevent high blood pressure and diabetes
- Boosts digestion
Seeds per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 930 seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 3,720 seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 14,880 seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 74,400 seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 372,000 seeds