Solar Cap Plant Protector Dome
The Solar Cap’s most advanced feature is the automatic, self-sealing heat valve. The temperature sensitive dynamic coil regulates the temperature inside the Solar Cap. During the warmest times of the day the valve automatically opens and remains open to allow excess heat to escape and cool air to enter the chamber. When the temperature drops to about 66 F, the valve automatically closes and remains closed to trap in the day’s heat, which speeds seed germination and plant growth.
75-80% of light is emitted through the weather shield. The weather shield will raise the humidity which will improve seed germination by 35%, and it will cut back watering for the grass seed germination.
- Can be used on established perennials.
- Protects plants from frost, hail, heavy rain, insects, and more.
- Light-weight, portable, and durable—lasts up to 15 years!
How to Use:
- Plant 4-6 weeks earlier in the spring and water plant as needed by hand drip system.
- Place Solar Cap over newly planted: plants, seeds, and bulbs.
- Fill the Solar Cap with water at the spout on the top.
- Height - 18.87"
- Base Diameter - 13.5"
- Top Diameter - 7.25"
The walls of the solar cap allow light in for chlorophyll production, and a water storage chamber that holds water. The water gathers heat from the sun during the day, and releases it slowly through the cold nights to help keep plants warm. Unlike other devices such as hot caps, domes and water shields, the Solar Cap is the only plant accelerator that has the ability to help sustain safe growing temperatures at night without constant human attention.