Growing Green Shiso (Perilla) Microgreens Seeds
- Seed Presoak: 8 hrs
- Other Names: Perilla, Beefsteak Plant
- Days to Plant Maturity: 12 days + (can grow on; harvest at personal preference)
- Growth Medium: Soil Preferred—cover with vermiculite as light aids germination.
- Plant Color: A deep green
- Flavor: Resembles anise and fennel and basil
- Nutrients: Vitamins B, C, and K, folic acid, and fiber
- Shiso Seeds - Green - 0.25 Oz - Perilla frutescens - AKA: Perilla, Beefsteak Plant
- Non-GMO - Open Pollinated - High Germination Rate
- Seeds For: Herb Gardening, Microgreens
- Days to Full Maturity: 60-85 -- Annual -- USDA Hardiness Zone: Annual Crop Not Intended To Overwinter
- Mountain Valley Seed Company Brand - Premium Quality Seeds
The flavor is somewhere between Mint and Basil with hints of Anise and Cinnamon. It can be used as a sushi wrap, as a garnish or in a fruit or green salad. The purple Shiso is used in pickling to add a violet hue. Whether you choose the green or purple, this is a plant that lends itself to culinary creativity. Non-GMO. Full maturity in 60-85 Days. Microgreen harvest between 16 to 22 Days.
Read more about Shiso: