Mushroom Mojo Shiitake Plug Spawn
***These plugs must be used within 2 weeks of receiving them. If you cannot use within 2 weeks, you can place it in the refrigerator (not freezer) to keep dormant for up to 6 months before it must be used.***
- Mushroom Mojo Brand: Produce mushrooms on logs, stumps and dead trees
- Package includes 100 Shiitake mushroom plug spawn & detailed instructions
- Each hardwood dowel plug is just under 1 inches long and 5/16 inch diameter
- First fruiting in 12 to 18 months - Will produce fruitings for several years
- Shiitake Mushrooms (Lentinula edodes)
Become a culinary recycling guru by converting old stumps and logs into mushroom gardens! Growing gourmet and medicinal mushrooms with plug spawn is an easy way to convert logs and stumps into fresh mushrooms. It brings the joy of growing and harvesting mushrooms right into your own yard. The average 4 to 6 inch diameter log will take 9 to 12 months to produce the first fruiting. They will support multiple fruitings (harvests) of fresh mushrooms for up to 3 to 5 years or longer. Recommended tree species; All Oaks, all Maple, Box Elder, Ironwood, Sweetgum, American Beech, Eucalyptus species, Hornbeam/Blue Beech, Alder, Black Gum or Tupelo, Cherry, Butternut, Sulphur Bud Hickory (Bitternut Hickory), Buckthorn. DO NOT grow on Walnut, Elm, Black Locust, Ash and Larch/Tamarac.
Kit Includes: Fully colonized Shiitake Plug Spawn. Growing Instructions.