Growing Hong Vit Radish Microgreens
- Presoak: 4-6 hours
- Suitable Growth Medium: Hydroponic & Soil
- Germ time: 1-2 Days
- Harvest time: 6-12 Days
- Color: A vibrant red stem with a deep green top
- Flavor: Spicy & slightly floral
- Shape: Leafy
- Texture: Crunchy, succulent
- Nutrients: Vitamins A, B, C, E, & K, folic acid, niacin, potassium, iron, phosphorus, pantothenic acid, calcium, magnesium, zinc, carotenes.
Hong Vit Radish is an ideal microgreen, often chosen for its stellar color and uniform germination and growth. It is on the spicy side of flavor, but by no means too spicy. Grows well on either hydroponic or soil—hydroponic mediums may require more frequent watering.
When growing in soil, some folks cover their seeds with a thin layer of soil (like you might with buckwheat, peas, or sunflower), which is fine but by no means required. Mist for the first few days after sowing. Once the radish sprouts take root and begin standing erect or push through the soil, begin bottom watering.