Growing German Giant Radish Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Raphanus sativus 'German Giant Parat'
- Other Names: German Giant Radish
- Days to Maturity: 30 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Planting Depth: 1/4”
- Plant Spacing: 4”
- Row Spacing: 2’
- Growth Habit: Upright
- Soil Preference: Moist, well-draining
- Temp Preference: 65℉
- Light Preference: Full sun, partial shade
- Pests/diseases: Cut worms, aphids, mold
- Color: Scarlet red
- Flavor: Crisp, pungent
German Giant Radish Growth Habits:
Put directly into the ground in early spring. Keep plants about 4” apart. You may have to thin seedlings. Keep watered, but do not overwater due to rot. You should be able to harvest gERMAN Giant Radishes in 30 days. Radishes will have greenery, and you will see the scarlet red bulb poking out of the soil. Remove tops when storing. Plant every couple of weeks to have a steady supply.
Various Uses for German Giant Radish:
German Giant Radishes have a sweet and mild taste. In many European cultures, radishes are used on buttered toast on fresh bread. This is one of the best ways to enjoy this variety due to its mild sweet taste. This is a great radish for salads, dips, and veggie trays. It is also delicious roasted as well.
German Giant Radish Benefits:
Radishes are great for digestion due to fiber, and help the immune system due to vitamin C. Radishes also have many benefits in the garden. They provide mutual benefits for lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, squash, parsnips, peas, and cauliflower.
German Giant radish is an heirloom variety from Germany
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 6,800 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 27,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 108,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 544,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 2,720,000 Seeds