Growing Baby Boo Pumpkins Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Cucurbita pepo
- Other Names: Baby Boo pumpkin
- Days to Maturity: 95 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Planting Depth: 1/4”
- Plant Spacing: 15-24”
- Row Spacing: 4-5’
- Growth Habit: Vine
- Soil Preference: Moist, well-draining
- Temp Preference: 65℉
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/diseases: Powdery mildew, squash bug
- Color: White
- Flavor: Sweet
Baby Boo Pumpkins Growth Habits:
Put treated pumpkin see into the ground ¼” under the surface. In about 95 days, mini white pumpkins will be ready to harvest. Each plant will produce over ten pumpkins. Pumpkin vines need space to grow and can be trellised. If you are using Baby Boo Pumpkins for decoration, harvest before fully ripe because white will be more vivid.
Various Uses for Baby Boo Pumpkins:
About the size of a tennis ball, Baby Boo Pumpkins are the perfect fall decoration. Children love to paint these as an art project. When you are done with them as a decoration, you can use them as pumpkin puree. Pumpkin puree is a versatile ingredient for home bakers. Use it in muffins, cookies, and cakes.
Baby Boo Pumpkins Benefits:
Pumpkins are a great addition to a healthy diet because studies suggest they can reduce cancer. High in fiber, pumpkins are a great weight-loss food. High in beta-carotene, pumpkins help eyesight and convert vitamin A in the body. Finally, Baby Boo Pumpkins are high in vitamin C and can help the immune system.
Developed in Pensylvania in 1990.
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 200 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 800 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 3,200 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 16,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 80,000 Seeds