Growing Baby Bear Pumpkin Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Cucurbita pepo
- Other Names: Baby Bear
- Days to Maturity: 105 days
- Hardiness Zone:
- Planting Depth: 1/2”
- Plant Spacing: 48”
- Row Spacing: 6’
- Growth Habit: Vine
- Soil Preference: Moist, well-draining
- Temp Preference: 75-95℉
- Light Preference:
- Pests/diseases: Powdery mildew, cucumber beetles, squash bugs, and vine borers
- Color: Orange
- Flavor: Sweet
Baby Bear Pumpkin Growth Habits:
Plant seeds when the weather is above 70℉. Baby Bear Pumpkins grown vines, so give them room to grow. This pumpkin variety is a heavy producer, and you should see 10-20 pumpkins in a season. If your summers are shorter, start seeds indoors 3-4 weeks before you would normally plant.
Various Uses for Baby Bear Pumpkin:
This is the pumpkin for children! Kids love this pumpkin’s size, and they have the perfect handle to be picked up by small hands. These make the perfect small jack-o-lantern, have good roasting seeds, and can be turned into pie. Baby Bear Pumpkins are comparable to pie pumpkins-- just smaller.
Baby Bear Pumpkin Benefits:
Pumpkins have been found to boost mood and fuel sleep due to all of the nutrients it packs. It is a great source of fiber which makes a person feel satiated and regulates blood sugar. Additionally it’s full of vitamin A and cartonoids, and these nutrients prevent disease.
Baby Bear Pumkins can produce 10-20 pumpkins per season.
Seeds Per Package:
- 4 g - Approximately 30 Seeds
- 1 oz - Approximately 200 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 800 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 3,200 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 16,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 80,000 Seeds