Mushroom Mojo Maitake Plug Spawn
***These plugs must be used within 2 weeks of receiving them. If you cannot use within 2 weeks, you can place it in the refrigerator (not freezer) to keep dormant for up to 6 months before it must be used.***
- Mushroom Mojo Brand: Produce mushrooms on logs, stumps and dead trees
- Package includes 100 Maitake mushroom plug spawn & detailed instructions - Grifola frondosa. Also known as "Hen of the Woods" mushrooms.
- Each hardwood dowel plug is just under 1 inches long and 5/16 inch diameter
- First fruiting in 9 to 10 months - Will produce fruitings for several years
- Maitake Mushrooms - Grifola frondosa - Also known as “Hen Of The Woods”
Become a culinary recycling guru by converting old stumps and logs into mushroom gardens! Maitake mushrooms are a fun and delicious mushroom to grow. Impress your friends with your harvest! Expect about a 9 to 10 month growing period, where the mushrooms will begin as nubs and over that period, grow to about 4 to 6 inches. The plug spawn should continue to produce harvests at this rate for up to five years. Recommended tree species; All Oaks, all Maple, Box Elder, Ironwood, Sweetgum, American Beech, Eucalyptus species, Hornbeam/Blue Beech, Alder, Black Gum or Tupelo, Cherry, Butternut, Sulphur Bud Hickory (Bitternut Hickory), Buckthorn. DO NOT grow on Walnut, Elm, Black Locust, Ash and Larch/Tamarac.
Kit Includes: Fully colonized Maitake Plug Spawn. Growing Instructions.