Mushroom Mojo Lion's Mane Plug Spawn
***These plugs must be used within 2 weeks of receiving them. If you cannot use within 2 weeks, you can place it in the refrigerator (not freezer) to keep dormant for up to 6 months before it must be used.***
- Mushroom Mojo Brand: Produce mushrooms on logs, stumps and dead trees
- Package includes 100 Lion's Mane mushroom plug spawn & detailed instructions
- Each hardwood dowel plug is just under 1 inches long and 5/16 inch diameter
- First fruiting in 12 to 18 months - Will produce fruitings for several years
- Lion's Mane Mushrooms (Hericum erinaceus) - Also known as "Pom Pom" mushrooms
These are great mushrooms to introduce people to the great mushrooms flavors that are not white button mushrooms. The average 4 to 6 inch diameter log will take 9 to 12 months to produce the first fruiting. They will support multiple fruitings (harvests) of fresh mushrooms for up to 3 to 5 years. Recommended tree species; All Oaks, all Maple, Box Elder, Ironwood, Sweetgum, American Beech, Eucalyptus species, Hornbeam/Blue Beech, Alder, Black Gum or Tupelo, Cherry, Butternut, Sulphur Bud Hickory (Bitternut Hickory), Buckthorn. DO NOT grow on Walnut, Elm, Black Locust, Ash and Larch/Tamarac.
Kit Includes: Fully colonized Lion's Mane Plug Spawn. Growing Instructions.