Mushroom Mojo Chicken of the Woods Plug Spawn
***These plugs must be used within 2 weeks of receiving them. If you cannot use within 2 weeks, you can place it in the refrigerator (not freezer) to keep dormant for up to 6 months before it must be used.***
- Mushroom Mojo Brand: Produce mushrooms on logs, stumps and dead trees
- Package includes 100 Chicken of the Woods mushroom plug spawn & detailed instructions
- Each hardwood dowel plug is just under 1 inches long and 5/16 inch diameter
- First fruiting in 6 to 12 months - Will produce fruitings for several years
- Chicken of the Woods Mushrooms - Laetiporus sulphureus
A true culinary delight. It takes 6 to 12 months to fully colonize a log before the first fruting, but will then fruit for several years. Recommended tree species; Aspen, Poplar, Cottonwood, Balsam Poplar, Hackberry, Mulberry, Willows, Birch , Tallow, Buckeye, Tree of Heaven. DO NOT grow on Walnut, Elm, Black Locust, Ash and Larch/Tamarac.
Kit Includes: Fully colonized Chicken of the Woods Plug Spawn. Growing Instructions.