Munstead Lavender Herb Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Lavandula angustifolia
- Days to Maturity: 90-120+ Perennial
- Hardiness Zones: 3-9
- Seed Planting Depth: 1/4”
- Seed Plant Spacing: 18”
- Growth Habit: Upright/shrub-like
- Soil Preference: Light, dry, sandy and well-drained
- Temp Preference: Warm
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/Diseases: Spittlebugs, whiteflies, aphids
- Color: Bright purple flowers on sage-green stems
- Flavor: Fragrant, minty, earthy, aromatic
Munstead Lavender Herb Growing Habits
Non-GMO (Lavandula angustifolia) Munstead Lavender grows as a flowering herb reaching 12-18” tall with shrub-like growth. As a perennial, lavender blooms from spring throughout the summer. Once your plants reach full maturity, Munstead, which is a variety of English Lavender, develops bright purple-flowers on top of tall sage-green stems, producing as an early-blooming herb—giving off a minty, earthy aroma. Munstead Lavender will continue growing with fragrant floral scents, before it goes to seed and overwinters. Munstead Lavender is a hardy variety that often stays planted through winter standing as snow-covered herbs to bloom by next spring.
The Various Cosmetic Uses of Munstead Lavender Garden Herb
As a member of the mint family with fragrant flowers and leaves, Munstead Lavender is often used to make natural soaps, body washes and shampoo! The aromatic and herbal properties of lavender make a popular and soothing essential oil and used as aromatherapy.
The Hardy Perennial Benefits of Growing Munstead Lavender Herb & Seed
As a perennial flowering herb, Munstead Lavender makes a vibrant and protective landscape cover. Munstead plants are a hardy lavender variety and provide a perfect shade covering for neighboring plants, attract beneficial pollinators and boost the production of other companion herbs. Plant an annual season herb next to your fragrant Munstead Lavender to help prevent pests and extend the growing season for other tender plants.
Munstead Lavender Garden Herb Seeds Per Package:
- 1 g - Approximately 900 Seeds
- 1 oz - Approximately 27,000 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 108,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 432,000 Seeds