Greenhouse Gardener's Companion Book
- Important things you should know before you buy or build a greenhouse.
- More detailed information on greenhouse construction, heating options, interior design, and adding solar heat to any greenhouse.
- Expanded section on natural pest and disease control, with updated informationon integratedpest management (IPM) for those who prefer to control "bad bugs" with "good bugs" rather than with toxic pesticides.
- The latest greenhouse gadgets, from glazing to venting, misting, and watering devices.
- A special section profiling more than 300 plants, plus scheduling tips for producing a year-round blooms and food-crop harvests.
- New section on orchids introduces the basic orchid families and provides practical advice for growing species successfully.
- More than 250 new illustrations, plus copious instructive photos and charts.
- Detailed appendices listing garden associations and suppliers (with website addresses), climate information, helpful references, and more.
Praise For The First Edition
"Exceptionally comprehensive. The information and advice is conveyed in a clear, relaxed style that makes it accessible to the new greenhouse owner and a joy to read"
-HOBBY GREENHOUSE ASSOCIATION
"Virtually any question which might be asked by either a novice or an advanced home greenhouse gardener is answered fully. Smith's book has won a place on our ready-reference shelf. We can't give a higher recommendation than that!"
"[Greenhouse Gardener's Companion] leads the reader painlessly through the steps and requirements of owning and gardening in a greenhouse.....This is a book to live with."