Fennel - Florence - Microgreens Seeds
- Latin Name: Foeniculum vulgare
- Presoak: No Soak
Preferred Growing Medium: Soil (preferred) or Hydroponic
- Seeding Rate (weight per 10"x 20" tray): 1 oz.
Blackout Time: 3-4 days
Germination Time: 2-3 days
- Estimated time to Harvest: 10-14 days
- Microgreen Color: thin white stem with long, thin green leaves
- Microgreen Flavor: mild licorice taste, peppery, slightly sweet
- Microgreen Texture: fine, thin
- Nutrients: Vitamins C, E and K, antioxidants, potassium and fiber
Fennel microgreens can be grown hydroponically, but it is tough to do. You will likely have a much easier time growing them in soil. Sow seeds a little more thinly and give your plants room to grow. Fennel seed husks can be stubborn in clinging to leaves, so plan on growing long enough for most to drop.
Fennel is widely known for it's licorice (anise) flavor, along with its sweet and peppery notes. It became well known in America during the 80's and 90's in high-end restaurants, and will add a poignant finishing touch to many types of dishes.
Seeds per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 34,000 seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 136,000 seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 544,000 seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 2,720,000 seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 13,600,000 seeds