Dehydrated Yellowfoot Mushrooms
- Dried yellow foot mushrooms
- 1 or 4 oz. package
- 1 Oz. dried yields approximately 12 Oz. reconstituted mushrooms
- Shelf life of many years in dehydrated - great for food storage
- All natural: no pesticides or other chemicals
- Gluten Free
- Cultivated & Harvested Wild
- Harvested in the USA
The Yellowfoot Mushroom (Cantharellus lutescens) gets its name not from their brownish yellow cap, but from the base or stem of the mushroom that as it matures, becomes a yellow-orange color. These mushrooms are great for stews, soups and even sautéing. Also called "winter mushrooms" or "funnel chanterelle mushrooms", they are often used as a flavor compliment to bacon, chicken and beef.
To Reconstitute Yellowfoot Mushrooms: Thoroughly rinse and soak 8 ounces of liquid per 1 ounce mushrooms for 20 minutes. Rinse, strain and dry thoroughly before use or storage. Store dry in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
More information: Wikipedia-Yellowfoot-Mushroom