Dehydrated Portabella Mushrooms - Sliced
- Dried, sliced portabella mushrooms (Agricus bisporus)
- 1 Oz. dried portabellas reconstitutes to approx 12 Oz.
- Available in 1 Oz. or 4 Oz. bags
- Long shelf life
- All natural - Wild Cultivated
- No chemicals or pesticides
- Non-GMO & Gluten Free
- Harvested in the USA
The Portabella Mushroom (Agaricus bisporus) is used far a wide as one of the most versatile cooking mushrooms. It has a very large cap that is often grilled and used as a steak or meat substitute in sandwiches and burgers. The Portabella has an almost meaty texture and flavor, which makes it a great substitute for meats in stews, salads, soups, sandwiches, and the like. The Agaricus bisporus is believed to possess antioxidants, and other elements thought to support the immune system.*
The portabella mushrooms has many common spelling variations including portabello and portobello. All spellings refer to the same edible, gourmet mushroom.
To Reconstitute Portabellas: Thoroughly rinse mushrooms and soak 8 ounces of liquid per 1 ounce mushrooms for 20 minutes. Rinse and use. To store reconstituted mushrooms, keep in an air-tight container in a dry, cool place.
More information: Wikipedia-Portabella
* These statements have not been reviewed by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not meant to cure, treat or prevent any illness.