Dehydrated Paddy Straw Mushrooms
- 1 or 4 oz. package of dried paddy straw mushrooms (Volvariella Volvacea)
- 1 Oz. dried produces approximately 12 Oz. reconstituted mushrooms
- Shelf life of many years in dehydrated
- All natural: pesticide and chemical free
- Gluten Free
- Wild cultivated
- Country of Origin: Imported
The Paddy Straw Mushroom (Volvariella Volvacea) is most often used in oriental soups in Asia, but are also excellent in stir frys and vegetarian dishes. Also simply called "straw mushroom" these edible gourmet mushrooms get their name from the fact that they are commonly cultivated in beds of straw. They have a wonderful, distinct flavor and are most commonly substituted for regular button mushrooms. They are used commonly as a meat substitute by vegans and vegetarians because of their flavor, texture and high protein content.
To Reconstitute Paddy Straw Mushrooms: These bite-sized mushrooms are among the best and easiest to reconstitute. Simply rinse and soak for approximately 20 minutes in cool water, using 8 oz of water to 1 oz of dried mushrooms. Rinse and use, or store dry in an air tight container in the fridge.
More information: Wikipedia-Paddy-Straw-Mushrooms