Growing Organic Marketmore 76 Cucumber Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Cucumis sativus
- Other Names:
- Days to Maturity: 60-70 days
- Hardiness Zone: 4-12
- Planting Depth: 1"
- Plant Spacing: 18"
- Row Spacing: 7'
- Growth Habit: Vine
- Soil Preference: Well drained, temperature between 65 and 75 degrees.
- Temp Preference: Warmer
- Light Preference: Full Sun
- Diseases/pests: Susceptible to corn wireworms, cutworms, and fungal diseases
- Color:Dark Green
Seeds Per Package:
- 4 g - Approximately 140 Seeds
- 1 oz- Approximately 1,000 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 4,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 16,000 Seeds
Marketmore 76 cucumber seeds need full sun and should be planted in warm soil with a pH level between 6 and 6.8. Sow the seeds an inch deep with 36 inches between plants. If you are using a trellis, a foot between plants is adequate. Cucumbers will need regular watering while growing. When ready to harvest, cut the Marketmore 76 cucumbers at the stem. Fruits grow to a size of 8 to 9 inches long and 2 ½ inches across. Their skin is smooth and dark while its flesh is light green and juicy.