Growing Earth Tones Dent Corn Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Zea mays
- Other Names: Ornamental corn
- Days to Maturity: 100 days
- Hardiness Zone: All zones in the U.S.
- Planting Depth: 3/4”
- Plant Spacing: 6”
- Row Spacing: 3’
- Growth Habit: Upright
- Soil Preference: Well- draining
- Temp Preference: 60℉
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/diseases: Corn borers, earworms
- Color: Muted gold, green, pink, blue, orange, and mixed kernels
- Flavor: For ornamental use, cornmeal
Earth Tones Dent Corn Growth Habits:
Earth Tones Dent is best planted ¾” below the soil. With sunny conditions, ornamental corn will be ready for harvesting in 100 days. When the ears feel plump, Earth Tones Dent is ready to be picked. Plant rows three feet apart.
Various Uses for Earth Tones Dent Corn:
Earth Tones Dent Corn is primarily grown for ornamental purposes. If left on the stalk, the corn will dry. Many people use ornamental corn on the stalk in their fall arrangements. The dried corn can also be used for birdseed once the decorative arrangement has been used. Gardeners can ground up corn into cornmeal for additional use. Cornmeal can be used for grits, polenta, and cornbread.
Earth Tones Dent Corn Benefits:
Ornamental corn is high in fiber. Fiber aids in digestion and helps provide the feeling of fullness. Corn has been proven to lower LDL cholesterol, prevent diabetes, and reduces hypertension. Ornamental corn also can be used as bird food if not consumed by humans. So it can provide seasonal beauty and then provide a benefit to nature.
Beautiful multicolor corn stalks. Used in fall decoration.
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 6,800 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 27,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 108,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 544,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 2,720,000 Seeds