Beet - Bull's Blood (Organic) - Microgreens Seeds
- Latin Name: Beta bu;garos
- Other Name(s): Bull's Blood
- Presoak: 4-8 hours in cold water
- Preferred Growing Medium: Soil only
- Seeding Rate per 10"x 20" tray: 1-1.5 oz
- Blackout Time: 6-8 days
- Germination Time: 3-4 days
- Estimated time to Harvest: 11-21 days
- Microgreen Color: vibrant pink and magenta stems with green top
- Microgreen Flavor: sweet, earthy
- Microgreen Texture: crisp, juicy
- Nutrients: Vitamins A, B, C, E, and K, calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc, and protein
Grow only in soil. Beets seeds are an abnormally shaped seed, which contributes to why its preferred medium is soil. Their root systems require a bit more room to explore and grab hold. Prepare your soil in your tray by tamping it and making sure it is moist. after pre-soak, sow your seeds and then cover with a thin layer of soil. This provides the ideal conditions for the seeds to germinate. After a while, the beets will start to poke through the the top layer—which also serves to de-shell the seed. Keep covered with the blackout dome for up to five days. After that, place under a grow light until mature! Cut close to the soil line to feature the red stem.
Bull's Blood Beet microgreens have many health benefits, including:
- Helping maintain and grow healthy skin because of the many essential vitamins and minerals they contain.
- Protecting the liver from serious infection by providing betaine, which helps secrete detoxifying enzymes.
Seeds per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 1,250 seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 5,000 seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 20,000 seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 100,000 seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 500,000 seeds