Growing Colorful Basil Microgreens Mix Seeds
- Latin Name: Ocimum basilicum
- Other Names:
- Basil Seed Presoak: No
- Microgreen Days to Maturity: 18+ days.
- Germ time: 4-5 days
- Growth Medium Preference: Soil or Hydroponic
- Nutrients: antioxidants, fiber, Vitamins A,C, E, and K
- Microgreen Colors: dark purple, vibrant red, and green
- Microgreen Flavor: Anise-like flavor with shades of sweetness
- Microgreen Texture: Soft and tender cotyledons with slightly crunchy stems
Grow the colorful basil microgreen mix the way you'd grow any other basil microgreens seed. Don't presoak; simply, spread basil seeds across the surface of your growth medium--whether it be soil or hydroponic. Basil microgreens seeds suit most mediums even terra cotta. Although germination is slow, taking about five days, the germination rate is with this microgreens mix. Water at least once a day. Don't overwater basil as it prefers adequate moisture as opposed to a lot.
For more detailed instructions on growing, as well as some troubleshooting and tips, please visit:
Basil is considered a mucilaginous seed, which means that the seed forms a gel around the seed when wet. It is a survival mechanism for the seed, to ensure that it has enough moisture to germinate, especially in dry climates.
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 17,000 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 68,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 272,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 1,360,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 6,800,000 Seeds